At Relevon, we’re building the future of commerce.
We are an (ambitious) startup so:
- We are driven by passion. Working in a startup ain’t easy, but loving what you do is the key to meaningful work. We are passionate about helping businesses grow and that’s what pushes us forward everyday.
- We play hard, but we work even harder. Think of us as small guerilla team ready to tackle any roadblock.
- We find ways to make it happen. Thriving as a startup means being relentless at finding solutions. Looking for excuses won’t help us succeed, but action will.
We’re looking for Senior Backend Engineers to build features, develop all server-side logic, and implement API methods, improve the performance and reliability of our systems as we scale our product and organization, while ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the frontend.
You will also be responsible for integrating the frontend elements built by your co-workers into the application, so a basic understanding of frontend technologies is necessary as well. In this position, you’ll be making some of the most significant decisions for the company.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Integration of data storage solutions (MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Google BigQuery)
- Own projects end-to-end, including gathering requirements, designing, implementing, testing, deploying, and maintaining systems.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, and engineers to deliver high quality products.
- Coaching and growing junior developers through mentorship and leading by example
What we’re looking for
Don’t worry if you don’t meet 100% of these requirements. Your desire to learn and your ability to work in a forward-thinking, collaborative environment is just as important to us.
- Experience with languages such as Python, Java, C++
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Proficient working with REST APIs
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as JS, React
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Passion for learning new technologies and developing skills
- Experience/Passion for exploring fields such as a Machine Learning, AI, microservice architecture is a plus.